San Antonio Pipe Repair & Repipe Experts
Common Leaks Affecting San Antonio Homeowners
Leaks are some of the most infuriating plumbing problems homeowners have to deal with. A leak left untreated can cause extensive water damage throughout your home and/or yard. Here are some of the most common leaks we see San Antonio homeowners dealing with:
- Faucet, Shower and Tub Leaks – Leaks coming from your indoor appliances and indoor plumbing is a common problem for San Antonio area homeowners. Even though these leaks are common, they can still be harmful to your home and to your wallet. Even a slow faucet leak will still cause you to lose thousands of gallons of water a year. Getting these leaks taken care of will help you save money on your water bills.
- Slab Leaks – While nobody wants to hear they have a slab leak, they are unfortunately pretty common in San Antonio and throughout the Hill Country. Slab leaks are simply leaking pipes underneath a concrete foundation. Symptoms of a slab leak include warping floorboards, wet or damp carpet, low water pressure and hot spots around your floor.
- Sewer Leaks – A blocked or leaking sewer line is one of the worst plumbing problems to affect the San Antonio area homeowners. If you notice wet flooring accompanied by a foul odor, those are two signs you might have a sewer leak. Fortunately, we are experts in sewer leak detection as well as trenchless sewer repair. With trenchless sewer repair, we can fix sewer problems without tearing up your yard. Give us a call to set up your free estimate.
Pipe Repair Service Can’t Wait
Leaks are not a problem you want to procrastinate on. Here are some of the biggest problems that can come up when you leave a leak untreated.
- Mold & Mildew – Mold, mildew and algae are the natural outcomes of untreated leaks. Not only is it unsightly, but mold and mildew can leave your home with a gross smell and can cause health problems for everyone in your home. Mold can cause a variety of health problems, like nasal congestion, coughing and other cold symptoms. Some of the more serious side effects of mold are asthma and other respiratory conditions.
- Cosmetic Damage – Leaks can have a negative effect on the overall appearance of your home. Dark or yellow spots can appear in your walls and ceiling as a result of untreated leaks. It can cause the paint to chip or wallpaper to peel away.
- Floorboard and Carpet Damage – Slab leaks and sewer leaks are particularly bad for your flooring. They can cause wet spots in your carpet and warping in your wood floorboards. A bad enough leak will mean you will have to entirely replace your flooring.
- Structural Damage – Bad leaks will cause wooden structures in your home to rot, warp and deteriorate. Leaks can cause your roof to sag or your windows to appear tilted. A bad slab leak can cause your foundation to shift or even crack. Needless to say, leaks are a serious problem for homeowners.
Leak Detection San Antonio
If you suspect a leak give Parker & Sons Plumbing a call. We provide expert leak detection and pipe repair service for San Antonio and Boerne homeowners. Plus, estimates are always free and we give you pricing upfront so you aren’t surprised by any costs or fees.
You also don’t have to worry about what type of pipe you have. We work with all pipe materials including the durable PEX and longer-lasting copper pipes to ensure you have the best new pipes to suit your needs and to cater to all budgets. Our repiping services will ensure your plumbing is working properly for the long haul. For professional plumbing service at fair prices, contact Parker & Sons Plumbing.