Greater San Antonio Water Heater Services
Water Heater Installation: When is the Right Time for a Replacement?
Water heaters are essential to your comfort and for cleaning purposes. If your water heater is no longer functional, you will need a replacement unit as soon as possible. Here are some signs it is time to replace your water heater:
- Old age: If your water heater isn’t working like it used to and it is at or above 10-15 years of age, it might be time to replace your unit. Water heaters only have a life expectancy of 10-15 years. If your unit is hitting that age range, it’s probably more cost-effective to replace rather than repair.
- Rusty water: If you have rusty water coming out of your faucets, particularly if that water is hot, the inside of your unit is probably rusty. If it only happens with hot water, you will likely have to replace your water heater.
- Strange noises: If you hear rumbling or other strange noises coming from your water heater, it is likely being caused by built-up sediment in the unit. The sediment buildup will make it more difficult and less efficient for your unit to heat water. It could also be a sign that you might have a leak, so make sure to look out for that before your home gets water damage.
- No hot water: This might seem like a no brainer, but if your water heater isn’t providing you with any hot water, or it’s providing less and less hot water, you might be ready for a replacement.
- Frequent leaks: Leaks coming from your water heater are never a good sign. If your water heater has frequent leaks or is constantly needing repairs, it is likely more cost-effective to replace the whole unit.
Water Heater Repair and Maintenance
A dysfunctional water heater doesn’t always need to be replaced. If your water heater is simply in need of a repair, Parker & Sons will provide you the expert service you need. We are capable of repairing any make or model, so you don’t have to worry about figuring out what type of water heater you have when you set up an appointment. We’ll always be upfront with you about the repairs you need and the cost before we make any changes.
Plumbing Services in San Antonio and the Surrounding Areas
At Parker & Sons Plumbing, we have a red carpet service guarantee, meaning we will provide you with excellent service every time. Our technicians will be on-time, honest and professional. They will always be neat and tidy and will respect your home. If you’re ready for expert water heater installation or repair, give us a call.