Nobody likes taking cold showers or washing their dishes without hot water. That’s why water heaters have become an essential appliance in your home. For years, tanked water heaters have been standard. However, tankless water heaters have grown in popularity across America. So what makes tankless water heaters so special?
What is a Tankless Water Heater
A tankless water heater is pretty much what it sounds like. They heat water instantly, without the use of a tank. When you turn on your hot water, cold water travels through the unit where either a gas burner or an electric element heats the water. You won’t run out of hot water, meaning you can take as long of a shower as you want!
The Space Saving Water Heater
One of the biggest appeals of a tankless water heater is its size. When you think of water heaters, you are most likely going to think about the large tank machines that take up precious storage space in your home. A tankless water heater is roughly the size of a suitcase and is mounted on the wall.
Benefits of a Tankless Water Heater
There are quite a few reasons why tankless water heaters have become popular in recent years. Here’s a quick rundown of what makes tankless water heaters popular in homes across America:
- Hot water is instantaneous. No more waiting for the shower to warm up.
- You are less likely to be scalded by overheated water.
- Tankless water heaters are more energy-efficient and save you money in the long run.
- Their lifespan is twice as long as tank water heaters.
- They take up less space and have a sophisticated design.
- There are fewer safety concerns surrounding tankless water heaters.
If you think you’re ready for tankless water heater installation in your San Antonio home, give Parker & Sons Plumbing a call! We guarantee you will be happy with our red carpet service and your new tankless water heater.